News: DayZ creator Dean ‘Rocket’ Hall has said that listening to negative community feedback is essential for keeping the mod’s development focused, otherwise “We’ll be paying for hats and stuff”.







I’m entirely sure 4chan doesn’t receive any thanks for the hatred spewed directly from its orifices toward every other corner of the internet, so here it is: on behalf of DayZ creator Dean ‘Rocket’ Hall, thank you 4chan for your undiluted, laser-focused bile – it’s the only thing between us and in-game hat purchases.
So said Rocket on the subject of ArmA II mod DayZ’s post-release response in an interview with PC Gamer US.
“If it doesn’t stay as a community-driven project where I’m directly plugged in with the community, having real level playing field discussions, almost arguments, with the players, then it’s going to fail.
“Because I’ll never be able to maintain the tenacity, the ability to hold to those key ideals unless I’m in there with them, reading about how 4chan hates me and crying, and then hearing Reddit abuse me.
“You have to be grounded with that, otherwise it’ll just go off on some… We’ll be paying for hats and stuff,” he added.
It must be working – Rocket’s recently added melee and zombie line of sight rather than fetching headwear.
I’ve never paid for a bowler, beanie or boa in my life, and I’m glad to hear that Rocket intends to keep it that way – lest we wind up wandering the zombie apocalypse looking like modern-day Razorlight. Perish that thought.
You can track the height of Rocket’s ego, alongside other DayZ news, here at BeefJack.

No comments:

Post a Comment